Friday, July 9, 2010

City of Palaces...

As a kid, like the children from any other cities I was more hooked to my city Mysore. For me it was everything.
My teacher had once mentioned about England. Had said ‘In London there’s a Palace like the one in Mysore called as the Buckingham Palace where the Royal family resides’. For me at that point in time there was no other palace, which would come close to the Mysore palace. That was definition for grandeur. This thought remained in me eversince.
After many years now I have the privilege of globetrotting. Last year I had to travel to the United Kingdom. I was so excited. It was kind of a nostalgia, remembering my geography and history classes. I remembered the vibrant explanation of the Buckingham palace by my teacher.
Now I had the chance to practically compare this palace with my favorite Mysore palace. I kept on thinking how the English palace would be until I saw it…
… The British palace fell flat in my view, when compared to Mysore palace. I felt so proud!
The previous trip to UK was filled with so much excitement. I am again leaving to UK day after. This time there’s no such excitement. Weird!
But even today whenever I go to Mysore I feel so much excited. Am I the only one who feels like this? Whatever it may be I feel privileged to be like this. For me Mysore will be the only city in this world, which will excite me forever…

No comments:

Post a Comment